World Cup oldest player Essam El-Hadary Retires from international football
The Egyptian legend has called retired his career with the
Pharaohs where he was present for two decades
The 45-year-old was handed his debut in 1996 and played in
159 matches in a career 0f over 20 years
He won four African Cup of Nations [1998, 2006, 2008 and
2010]. Also, he was named the best goalkeeper in Africa four times.
Earlier this summer, El-Hadary made history at the 2018
World Cup in Russia as he became the oldest player to feature in the biggest
party after he was a part of the Pharaohs’
last group game against Saudi Arabia.
El-Hadary expressed his intention by saying,
"There is an end
for every start, after a lot of thinking I took my decision to international
retirement 22 years, 4 months and 12 days from my first match with Egypt and I
saw that this is the right moment to hang my gloves after we made the Egyptian
people happy by participating in the world cup.
“This is a
moment I didn’t want to
come, I trained hard day and night to reach high performances and to be with
the Egyptian team, I am very proud to play 159 matches with Egypt, won the
African Cup of Nations four times, reached the final in 2017, won the best
goalkeeper in Africa four times, won the Arab games in 2007 and finally reach
the World Cup.
“Finally, thank god for
everything. I want to thank my family for helping me always especially my
father and thank every one of you for your support that helped me a lot to
reach all these achievements."


Comments
Post a Comment