David luiz convinces his star teammates not to leave the club
David Luiz has urged Belgian duo Courtois and Hazard to also
stay put after starring for their country at the World Cup.
Courtois, 26, has a year remaining on his contract and has
been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid. Chelsea risk losing him for
a reduced fee in January or for free next summer.
The former Atletico Madrid stopper has repeatedly stated his
desire to move closer to his two children in the Spanish capital.
Hazard, whose deal expires in 2020, has stalled over a new
contract offer and has long been the subject of speculation over a move to
Real.
“Chelsea
wants for the best players to stay,”
said Luiz.
“They know
Chelsea a lot, so they know what they’ve
had here, the fun they’ve had here.
Everybody loves them and I hope they can stay.”
Sarri said he would sanction Courtois’ departure if the goalkeeper expresses a desire to
leave following Sunday’s Community
Shield defeat to Manchester City.
The transfer window for incoming players to Premier League
clubs closes this Thursday,
“I want them
to stay, because we have top players with the confidence,” Luiz said.
“If they
decide to leave, I think we will continue with fantastic players.”
Luiz himself was sidelined by injury But after starting on
Sunday, Luis insists he never contemplated leaving Chelsea for a second time
and is now keen to show he can be a key figure for Sarri.
“I was just
working and trying to do my best,”
Luiz added.
“Everybody
has the opportunity, you just have to show him character, physical quality,
technical quality, so since the first day I’m
trying to do that.”


Comments
Post a Comment